Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft and Digital River

Hello,
    It is impossible if one is a Canadian (or ordering from there) to obtain for Expression Web an upgrade to version 3. (Here is not to offer comments about why use the programme!).

Whenever I try to order the upgrade, I am taken to a Digital River page where only the US is available, even though it mentions States and Provinces. There are no provinces in the list. There is only the US in the other drop-down box.

Using the phone and the MS chat service, I have received no proper answers. Only thing that has happened is, for example, to push me to a MS Canada stores page: that fails since none of them have the software anyway.

Digital River have not replied to my complaint about their web page, and I cannot get a proper answer from MS. Whomsoever I spoke with simply pushed me somewhere else, equally useless.

https://msstore.digitalriver.com/mse...?culture=en-US

The above is always where one is taken.
    Regards,
    Paul

Re: Microsoft and Digital River

What happens when you click on this link and then the Upgrade Now button ?
    http://www.microsoft.com/expression/...px?filter=web3
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hello,
      Who knows!!

I went to the site from the link on this thread. It took me to a returning customer page.

Now, when I started at the default Microsoft Canada page http://www.microsoft.com/en/ca/default.aspx , and went to All Products on the page wide grey bar, and then, under Design and User Experience Tools, I pressed Microsoft Expression.

Click on Buy Info for Expression Web 3, and on the following page: Upgrade Now.

That opens a new page which is the one on the link. Thereafter, after clearing License Lock Box, I used Proceed to Checkout.

That produces the useless page that has no Canadian entries available. Even though it states clearly State/Province: and Zip/Postal Code: and Country: (with only United States).

Trying again from the beginning indicates that Digital River maintains cookies, because one is presented with a double order (2 copies), and I noted that the URL bar on the browser flashes as the server used changes necessary links.

The email to Digital River from the Contact Us on the page has still not produced a reply.

Really poor customer service from MS via phone, email or chat: no answer for a failing page that means that Canadian customers have no ability to order.

Comment

Hello,
        Digital River responded with a link that does not mention Expression Web 3: http://msstore.digitalriver.com/msevs-ca

Ho (expletive deleted) Hum!

Comment

This is hilarious: I went with my tablet PC to a Starbucks on Elgin in Ottawa. Just to see if a different IP access would make a difference.

Couldn't do anything with it that was different to my experiences on all of my computers at home. No Canada, no Provinces.

Just up the road is the Microsoft Offices for Ottawa. Gaining access, I asked the receptionist to try on her computer. No luck, and a different result: she couldn't even access past the place where one presses Upgrade. All it said was that there was nothing in the shopping cart. What???

I asked her to contact a guy I know in Ottawa, who works for MS and with whom I have discussed this problem with Digital River.

This is a totally ridiculous situation, and the response, the second, that I received from Digital River was totally useless.
          Last edited by dickins_paul; 30th September 2009, 00:00. Reason: Factual error

Comment

Hello,
            Today, I was emailed by Rick Claus, one of the nicest guys in MS, who also lives in Ottawa.

He told me that I would be receiving a full copy of EWeb 3 because I had had so many problems.

So, a complaint results in MS being nice to me, which I fully appreciate. It will be mailed to me on Tuesday next, after the long weekend.

Good enough.

Comment

Well that is good news.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
              X