This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to convert an image & burn a dvd

Need help. I hope I'm using the proper Forum channel for my problem.
    I have Nero and just bought Express Burn Plus, I'm not any better. My problem is that after downloading a torrent (video) of Mahler Symphony No. 8, conducted by Leonard Bernstein I ended seeing in the file3 items:
    1. an icon described as 'image files' of 7.64 GB
    2. an icon '' as 'MDS' of 8.22 KB
    3. an icon '' as 'MD5 Checksum file' of 256 bytes
    Both Nero and Express Burn could not do a thing to burn this video which can be played either on my computer or portable dvd or any otherdvd player of the house.. It refuses to convert this into another format which would be then burnt by Nero either in PAL or NTSC
    Can someone suggest what kind of software to get ( would love to have a free sotware but I will pay for it if it achieves what I'm aiming.

I also ran into some audio files which come in from torrents as CDImage.ape accompanied by another file called CDImage.ape.cue
    My friend suggest that I download a software called MAX which he uses with Apple while my platform is Windows XP Pro ( so it does not work either)
    What software do you recommend downloading

Would really appreciate some support from you All
    Kindest

Re: How to convert an image & burn a dvd

The problem is that Torrent downloads are often copies of illegal software, not always but often/mostly. As a result I am reluctant to assist you with the problem in this case since I do not know if I would be helping with the burning of copyright software. I cannot imagine a Leonard Bernstein conducted piece of music being free.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Second the above. This board does not tolerate any form of illegal downloads.
      Any more requests for help with anything illegal will result in either a ban or being forced to listen to the complete Ring cycle, in one session -- scored for Penny Whistle, Kazoo and X-Factor/Pop Idol rejects
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Totally in agreement with you. Except that in this particular situation, it is not the case. My son is a cellist and has been living in Buenor Aires for the past 11 yrs. He has quite a collection of classical musics and he suggested that we both join a PtoP torrent site. This way, he can send me privetely some of his musics that I have selected from his cataloged collection on CDTrustee Cataloger software. No one else can have access to our exchange. He claims that the 'image file concept' is the purest way of sending it to me. But upon receiving, I quickly realized that I was unable to do anything with it. He then told me to contact a mutual friend from Argentina (now living in Canada) but this man uses Apple and recommended Max software which only works on Apple platform whereas mine is Windows,
        This is the fact and I rest my case.
        After enlightenment,
        the laundry
        Old Zen saying

Comment

Still have a problem with this.

From what I understand from your post, your son is making a copy of his purchased music CD, converting them to an "image" of some kind and Torrenting them to you. This means he is making a copy of copyright material, not for personal backup but to share with you. If this is the case it IS illegal.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Please ..... Don't be too illegal, you're not too legal either
            Stretchinnnnnnnng the elastic hum...........
            Case closed
            Shalom

Comment

And thread closed.

As a professional musician, surely your son understands that HE loses money when his performances are pirated?
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
              X