Mozy Online Back-Up Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozy Online Back-Up Problems

I installed MOZY FREE Backup software on my computer by following their instructions.
    After installation, my computer kept freezing and then I got the Windows Blue Screen of Death!
    Basically, MOZY FREE Backup CRASHED my computer.I could not even do a system restore. I had to restore my computer from scratch. I am still in the process of putting back all my programs and files, this is very time consuming.

Furthermore, after I backed up my files, I could not retrieve them using another computer. It kept telling me that I had to register and install MOZY Backup, it just would not retrieve my previous registration.
    I am still not able to retrieve my files.Luckily, I kept local backups on some DVD's.MOZY may be free, but there is always a catch.Please be aware Mozy free backup could crash your computer?
    Maybe that's how they get you; then they tell you have to purchase one of their plans???
    FYI:I have 2GB of RAM and a 2.0 GHz AMD processor and it still CRASHED it!

Re: Mozy Online Back-Up Problems

Have you taken it up with the company?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Infomax, (Aka suspected spammer)

Please note that their Online backup service is not free. Are you entirely sure you have configured it the right way?
      On a side note You seemed to have posted on quite a few forums, why? : http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...problems&meta=
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Good call, L4ndy
        Thread being watched and will be terminated at very short notice if needed
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I also reckon as its not hardware related but software it can be moved to the Misc forum???

Comment

Working...
          X