sharepoint 2007 and security

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sharepoint 2007 and security

I have a problem.. a consulting company has cut us off from our own application.. We cannot access out sharepoint 2007 server as regular users.

we can only access it as domain admins.. if you are on the server locally it works.
    from the network we all get access denied.. then are forced to login as domain admin.

How can i fix the security issues that they have created? where should i look?

i want it to be open again. i think they screwed with the AD settings since we are set to use single sign on..

PLEASE HELP THIS IS URGET!!!!

thank you

Re: sharepoint 2007 and security

PS here is my site layout

Farm Topology

Server Services Running
    MRCNYSP1 Central Administration
    Windows SharePoint Services Web Application

MRCNYSP2 Excel Calculation Services
    Office SharePoint Server Search
    Windows SharePoint Services Help Search
    Windows SharePoint Services Web Application

mrcnysql1 Windows SharePoint Services Database

Comment

Unlikely your consulting company is the malicious cause of the problem so try finding the solution instead of appointing blame. Also, please frame your post, network layout and questions in a manner that can be understood. 125 Posts, you know how it is done by now. Thanks.

Where is the SharePoint Server physically located?
      Are you using the correct method for logging onto the site?
      Have you tried entering the SharePoint URL into the Local Intranet Zone (under Security in Internet Explorer)?
      Are you running a firewall that blocks SharePoint to users? Admins/Domain Admin often have access through the firewall.
      Last edited by biggles77; 28th August 2009, 20:32.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Number 1, get your lawyers onto the consultants and cut off their access before they screw things up further
        Number 2, use your Domain Admin access to back up all the sharepoint
        Number 3... pass, until I get in front of sharepoint, but start by documenting the required permissions and site structure
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

EVERYTHING worked fine until thursday morning, they manage the system and we do not.. they did something cause we can only access the site from the main server..
          It is our server in our environment. We own it!!! we granted them remote access to deploy develop maintain it.... I need to know were to go in the site admin to fix this issue asap!!!!.. We have it set to use SSO...we bring up the site and we get access denied. we switch credentials to domain admin and bang we get it. a setting was changed.and i need to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by mlabs View Post
            EVERYTHING worked fine until thursday morning, they manage the system and we do not.. they did something cause we can only access the site from the main server..
            It is our server in our environment. We own it!!! we granted them remote access to deploy develop maintain it.... I need to know were to go in the site admin to fix this issue asap!!!!.. We have it set to use SSO...we bring up the site and we get access denied. we switch credentials to domain admin and bang we get it. a setting was changed.and i need to fix it.
            Have you escalated this to the Consultant Company? Also, demand a change log from them. If they don't have one, ensure they use one in future.

Take a look at the Alternate Access Mappings and check they haven't been altered in anyway. They control the zones and URLs.

Comment

Working...
            X