Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP 6110 problem

Let's see if any of you have encountered this problem:

I'm using an HP 6110 combo printer/scanner/fax machine. Great device for a good price. Anyway, in the past 2-3 months the printer keeps dissapearing from the Printers and Faxes folder, and is actually removed from the computer. The USB cable is plugged in, and the computer is usually alway on. The printer itself is on standby, not turned off. Whenever I need to use the printer after a long time I haven't used it, the computer (OS=Windows Server 2003) "re-discovers" the printer and wants to reinstall all of the drivers.

This is quite annoying because I need to go and find the HP CD and insert it in order for the computer to reinstall the required drivers.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

hp

try to uninstell hp embedded software and add new printer using windows wizard.
    something similar happened to me but a little diffrent,
    i had the same hp and every time i boot into windows it is installing the software but without asking for the cd.
    did you try to speak to hp support ?
    crocus

Comment

I guess it's a DC.
      Try to change the Default Domain Controllers Policy and assign the "Act as part of operating system" to your account.

You might want to turn on security audit to try to track the problem.

P.S.: I do NOT write those drivers
      Guy Teverovsky
      "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Anti,

Thanks for the reply. The computer is actually NOT a DC, but thanks for the info anyway.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

If it's not a DC, try changing local security policy instead of GPO.

Also check whether there have been updates to the drivers at HP's website. Those guys tend to supply the CDs with rather outdated drivers.
          Guy Teverovsky
          "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Working...
          X