Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helpdesk / Ticketing Software

Hi All,

I just got hired on at a company that is at 100 people growing at about 10 new people per week. We now have 2 in the IT department and we are becoming insanely disorganized. All of our requests come in via email or in person, we do not use telephones. I am wondering if anyone has had good experience with a small or customizable ticketing software? I checked out Frontrane Solutions: Heat, but wasn't very impressed.

Please let me know what you use and what you like about it!

Thanks!

Re: Helpdesk / Ticketing Software

Hello there, i have found this one, that is opensorce, never know if it's good.

http://osticket.com/

And this one:

http://otrs.org/

Kevin
    Last edited by kevinguerreiro; 6th August 2009, 18:45. Reason: Add Info

Comment

You may want to check out SysAid IT's Help Desk software. There is a free edition. SpiceWorks also has integrated help desk ticketing.
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      -------------------------------
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

I use OSticket, on my own server, needs LAMP.
        Its just ticketing with basic customization, I barely did any at all.
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

I'm actually looking at http://webhelpdesk.com/ and it looks very helpful! We make Java software here, so I'm thinking this one is the one to get since we can hack on it a little if it doesn't meet our exact needs!

Thanks all!

Comment

Liberum is quite a good program. Easy to setup and use. http://www.liberum.org/
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

We use Kayako... http://www.kayako.com

Comment

Spiceworks is good, if you want to use other features such as software and hardware inventory as well as helpdesk and these are just the tip of the iceberg.

If it is just a helpdesk you need, I second biggles suggestion of Liberum. It's a great helpdesk and one of my sites have used it for 5 years. Both systems can integrate with AD and send emails.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations. We currently don't have an AD, which is something I'm here to work on. Apparently this place has grown so fast that they haven't had time to do any management, which is a serious issue in my book.

I'll check out Liberium, I did like SpiceWorks, but unfortunately my supervisor didn't.

Comment

Bit late here but have you heard of RT? It FOSS and a VERY mature enterprise product that has been around since the mid 90's. Iv used it fairly extensively along with vTiger and SugarCRM (Both of those are more Customer Relationship Management systems that incooperate a ticketing system as well as being open source).

http://bestpractical.com/rt/

Only one small snag its deigned for Linux That being said the front end is web based so its not as difficult as its sounds as theres a bunch of prebuilt binaries on their website available for download. vTiger and SugarCRM though can be installed on Windows.

Comment

I've used HESK for a while and i'm very impressed. Php/mysql, easy to setup and configure and feature rich helpdesk app.
                      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Another one that I have played around with and used BETA in a production environment is Spiceworks. They have a free edition it also comes packed with a great hardware/software auditing piece.

Regards,

Jordan
                        Jordan

IT Pro Evangelist
                        (MICROSOFT-NORTEL-CISCO-ZYXEL)

Comment

Goodness, if this could be condensed it would make a great sticky.
                          Wesley David
                          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                          Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                          Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

Just my 2p worth, but if all you want is basic support ticket functionality, have a reasonable grasp of ASP, PHP or other suitable language that is supported by IIS or can easily have support added (hence the mention of PHP - JSP etc take a bit more work) and half half an hour free, it's probably worth having a bash at writing your own. Even if you don't get it to work, you're sure to learn something along the way. And if it works, you get a product tailored from the start to your requirements, that warm fuzzy glow of having accomplished something, and your boss' gratitude at having saved some money (yes, there's plenty of free offerings out there, but what he doesn't know can't hurt him. Most of the time).
                            Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Real help desks use post it notes and sharpies.
                              Wesley David
                              LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Working...
                              X