printer exist auto check

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printer exist auto check

when opening a word document, does windows has a rutine that checks if a defaulte printer exist ?
    crocus

don't think so.... why should he check for a printer?
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Definitely not, otherwise how could you see a word document on a typical laptop!

It would be easy enough to write an autoexec macro to run each time Word started...

Tom
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

im asking this because

i have 2 winxppro fully updated that print on an hp all in one over a lan and both has office xp. on both machines i encounter the same problem.
        when im opening a word document and trying to edit the page, the computer freeze and after a wile pop up the microsoft error message : bla bla bla ... do you want to inform microsoft... send... dont send...
        i uninstalled the hp driver with the embedded utilities, word was ok.
        then i add (through the wizard) a new printer and since windows already recognized the printer it set it as the default printer without the embedded utilities.
        know it is working fine what brings me to the conclusion that the embedded hp utilities somehow caused the problem.
        crocus

Comment

It could well be the scanning part, since that integrates with Word through the "INSERT--PICTURE--FROM SCANNER OR CAMERA" menu.

Have you checked HPs support since it seems to clearly be an issue to do with particular hardware and manufacturers software?

Tom
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

thanks tom

im going to to talk with hp and hear what they have to say about it.
            crocus

Comment

Working...
            X