Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailer config and spam

Hi guys!

I`m writing this here, because I don`t know where to put it...

We have Merak MailServer and have some problem with blacklist backscatterer.org

Our mailserver is NOT open relay and any tests on internet passes without a problem...

LOG file from Merak mailserver:

Code:
    65.60.35.75     [00003DB8] Mon, 20 Jul 2009 00:54:00 +0200 Client session <<< 250 Sender <>, OK
    65.60.35.75     [00003DB8] Mon, 20 Jul 2009 00:54:00 +0200 Client session >>> RCPT To:<[email protected]>
    65.60.35.75     [00003DB8] Mon, 20 Jul 2009 00:54:01 +0200 Client session <<< 571 Your IP will be reported to the UCEPROTECT-Network - better watch out next time.
    65.60.35.75     [00003DB8] Mon, 20 Jul 2009 00:54:01 +0200 Client session >>> QUIT
    SYSTEM          [00003DB8] Mon, 20 Jul 2009 00:54:01 +0200 Client session Disconnected
    Any idea how to avoid it?
    I banned IP but it comes from different source next time, so it doesn`t matter

Thanks for ideas!

Re: Mailer config and spam

To give yourself peace of mind go to the following site and run the test.
    Entering your WAN IP to see if any negative feedback is found.

http://www.spamhaus.org/zen/index.lasso

You can find your WAN IP from

http://www.mywanip.com

Have you checked your IP on http://www.backscatterer.org/index.php?target=test

Good Luck.
    Last edited by fergie; 21st July 2009, 13:48.
    MCP 2003, XP, MCP Exchange 2003, Sonicwall CSSA, ITIL V3

Comment

I don`t know what`s wrong... This mailserver is set up by all standards possible

Anyone else can interpret this log file?

Comment

Thats just an SMTP transaction reporting that the MTA in question is a blacklisted IP address as unsolicted commercial email. Now im assuming those logs are from your MTA. If thats the case theres nothing to worry about as the blacklist is doing its job and blocking email from entering your MTA.

Comment

Sorry no, this is not the case... This is mailer from anti spam org. trying to send mail with NULL sender... We do not relay, but they report my IP faster than transaction actually ends...

Instead of:
          <<< 571 Your IP will be reported to the UCEPROTECT-Network - better watch out next time.

Should be:
          550 WE DO NOT RELAY

But thy block prior my server rejects them... Stupid policy...

Comment

Just to share with you guys...

If someone gets blacklisted at Backscaterer, just disable SMTP VRFY command and you should be OK...

I found cause, disabled this feature and now 8 days without incident...

Maybe someone will find this helpful...

Comment

Working...
            X