No announcement yet.

Added 2nd. HD (scsi) to existing Ultra ATA, Dell Box

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added 2nd. HD (scsi) to existing Ultra ATA, Dell Box

I just installed a second hard drive(scsi) with XP as my OS. Should I make the scsi my boot drive and move the programs to this drive for speed, if yes, then how to. The main purpose of the scsi is for home video editing with Pinacle Studio 8. Then, should the scsi be set as basic or dynamic, and...the scsi HD is already set as dynamic, is there an easy way to set as basic or do I reformat? I think you get the big picture.

Warmest regards,
    -Bill Parsons
    Redding, CA

Figured out how to "convert" from dynamic HD to ba

Microsoft had a good page regarding the conversion from
    dynamic to basic, I have that question figured out! The remaining questions relate to the best use of the HD resources, make the scsi the boot drive and have all the programs reside on the scsi or...Keep in mind, I selected the scsi HD for the purpose of video editing, not data storage, for storage I can use the slower HD. If I should move the OS and programs to the scsi what is the safest way? I just purchased Norton Ghost but I am foggy on the order of the steps in moving the OS, relating to BIOS settings (if any are required) to find the correct drive etc.

Sorry for the ramble, I can tie my shoes and even drive a car!!

-Bill [/img]

See you post in Misc Forum. In the future, please do not double post a question. Ta.
      Departed: 23rd December 2015