Technet Worth It?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technet Worth It?

Well I am thinking of buying Technet. what you think?
    Any feedback welcomed!
    Yes Its Good
    100.00%
    No Its Not Worth It
    0.00%
    Unsure
    0.00%

Re: Technet Worth It?

I think I just asked a dumb question here.
    We are a SA license holder so is Technet part of this?

Comment

Personally I think that TechNet is nice to have for studies and testing environments.
      I'm not sure what you mean with a SA license holder... However every TechNet subscription is licensed per subscriber and not company wide. This also means you are personally responsible if you share the product keys.
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands
      http://www.phetios.com
      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Originally posted by Dumber View Post
        Personally I think that TechNet is nice to have for studies and testing environments.
        I'm not sure what you mean with a SA license holder... However every TechNet subscription is licensed per subscriber and not company wide. This also means you are personally responsible if you share the product keys.
        We are a Select License holder with MS, We purchased SA and are renewing the SA (Software Assurance) in September due to the master agreement.

Comment

Great product if you can afford it (not cheap)

Comment

My understanding of TechNet with SA is that you get a free copy of TechNet with the purchase of SA on any server product. E.g. Server 2008 VLK with SA gets you a TechNet subscription. However, Office 2007 VLK with SA does not (I learned that the hard way). I am not sure if multiple server license SA contracts will get you multiple TechNet licenses to disperse amongst multiple people. Call your license provider for more info. They'll help you get your TechNet set up.

Yes, TechNet will roxen ur boxen. It's very nice to have access to virtually any Microsoft product ever made so that you can test things out before you potentially cause the network to erupt into an inferno of angry 1's and 0's. Resist the temptation to run it on production machines though. However, I think being part of IT Pro Momentum exempts you from that, but I'm in the process of finding out more about that at the moment (anyone know more about that? PM me please! ). Now you only have to convince management to release the funds to purchase hardware for testing purposes.
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
            -------------------------------
            Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
            Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
            Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
            Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

We license 4x Windows 2008 Ent, xp pro and office all with SA. should be a thumbs up then

Thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
              X