Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restore a Ghost image locally on a hdd using ramdisk.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restore a Ghost image locally on a hdd using ramdisk.

Hello, here is my problem.

I am looking to create a bootable hdd that boots into ghost 11.
    I then want to be able to select a ghost image from 3 images stored on a 2nd partition on the same hdd (3 different images for different setups) and then to image over the hdd.

So far I have put the 3 images on a hdd and by using a bootable usb stick with ghost i can select an image of my choice and image over the hdd. (ghost prompts that you are imaging onto the same hdd that the image is on but restores ok and boots afterwoods).

However I am looking to do everything from one hdd so that the usb stick isn't needed.
    Please could someone let me know if it is possible to create a winpe image with ghost 11 on it that boots into ram disk from the hdd. From here the appropriate image from the 3 on the hdd is selected and then the image is ghosted over the hdd?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Re: Restore a Ghost image locally on a hdd using ramdisk.

Just thought I would let everyone know that I have solved my problem.
    It just required me researching a bit more on using Win AIK/WinPE.
    I created a WinPe image with Ghost 11 included.
    The iso was then burned to a standard ide hdd via a usb to ide converter.
    The 3 different ghost images were copied to the drive.
    The user can now boot from the hdd into ramdisk and use ghost to choose the relevant image, before restoring over the drive.

Comment

Re: Restore a Ghost image locally on a hdd using ramdisk.

Thanks for posting back, good to know as I might be needing to do this soon..

DJ
      Daniel John
      A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X