Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to address mobile user printing.

Hello all-

Need some help. I have several users that visit clients off site; they need to be able to tell a document to print while at the clients office and have the document spooled on their laptop, and when they come back to the office and connect to the network have the documents automatically printed. We are on a Windows Server 2003 Domain, with Server 2003 print server.

Any ideas?

Re: How to address mobile user printing.

Hi,

As far as i know there are no ways to elegantly hold the print queue for later printing in windows natively.
    There are a few ways around it I can think of:
    Save the document and print it when back on site (which you probably are aware of and do already)
    Keep printed documents option configured on the printer- you are limited with this one
    Use IPP Internet printing
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Or install something like PDF Creator and get them to print to PDF whilst on-site and then print the PDF's from that day when back in the office.

Comment

Microsoft Office comes with a Document Image writer. I believe it is automatically installed in Printers and Faxes by versions older than 2007 but is an extra feature you can install in 2007.

Comment

On the Advanced tab of the printer properties there's a "keep printed documents" check box. Check this box. When the user prints, the document will go to the print spooler and will stay there after the print job completes (even if they're not connected). When they get back to the office they just need to go into the printers folder, open the queue for the printer, right click any document they want to print, and select Restart.

Comment

Working...
          X