Free IT eBooks from "Realtime Publishers"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free IT eBooks from "Realtime Publishers"

I just came across this place called Realtime Publishers that apparently makes eBooks for IT related topics. I found them by replying to a VMWare email that offered information on how virtualization can benefit small businesses. I was given a link to download an ebook that was published by Realtime. Within the book was a letter form the editor which claimed that this was not a white paper nor was it a corporate advertisement made to look like a book. Supposedly it is a book that, while sponsored by VMWare, is written with full editorial control given to Realtime. You can read more about it here; just scroll all the way to the bottom and read under the "Note To Our Readers: These Are Not White Papers!" heading.

I've searched around the site and there is certainly a lot of material there. Does anyone else here have experience with this place? It looks legit on the surface, but I'm always skeptical of free things like this. I'll have to take a closer look at a topic that I'm more familiar with to see if it's worthwhile information or not. Something like "The Definitive Guide to Windows Desktop Administration." In the mean time, it might be a good place for someone that's strapped for cash to get a handle on some topics.

Enjoy!

EDIT: It does ask for an account to be made before you can download the books, and of course they want some personal info like name, company, phone and job title (even address... yikes), etc. but that's what disposable webmail accounts and Google Maps is for, right?
    Last edited by Nonapeptide; 11th June 2009, 20:46.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Re: Free IT eBooks from "Realtime Publishers"

It may be genuine but one qoestion I ask when asked about the address is WHY???

Somehow I can foresee loads of cashiers handling creditcards with the name Nonapeptide Smith
    I wonder if any pharmacists will fall for it
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
      Somehow I can foresee loads of cashiers handling creditcards with the name Nonapeptide Smith
      I dunno, but whoever lives at 1313 Mockingbird Lane, Principality of Transylvania Hungary is going to be getting a lot a junk mail.
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      -------------------------------
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Mmm, my address is better than yours.
        1600 Pennsylvania Ave
        NW Washington DC 20500
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Please address all correspondence to me at: 124 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom

Also, here's my phone number, make sure to ask for Jenny: 867-5309
          (867-530nieeine).

Comment

Working...
          X