Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Server Management Software

Hi everyone,

I did a lot of searching and im having no look. Maybe im not using the right terms, but im looking for an app that can help me better manage my file server. Im tyring to find something that can:

- Run reports
    - Tell me the last time data was accessed
    - Report the amount of data (disk space) that hasnt been accessed in a certain amount of time
    - Report Folder sizes

Thats pretty much it. My file server is running windows 2003. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Re: File Server Management Software

IMHO, this is not an "Enterprise" application but it does the job for us and can give you the metrics you're looking for:

http://www.foldersizes.com/

Comment

You may want to look into TreeSize Professional. As far as reporting all data that hasn't been accessed in a certain amount of time, I think you can simply scan the file systems in question and then sort by "last access". Also, SpaceObServer might be good for you if you have many different servers.
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      -------------------------------
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
        You may want to look into TreeSize Professional. As far as reporting all data that hasn't been accessed in a certain amount of time, I think you can simply scan the file systems in question and then sort by "last access". Also, SpaceObServer might be good for you if you have many different servers.
        treesize does the trick. Thanks everyone!

Comment

You can definitely look at IBM Tivoli Monitoring software. Its easy to use and very affordable. I would certainly suggest looking into this software.

Comment

Of course, you wouldn't be biased.
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
            -------------------------------
            Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
            Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
            Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
            Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
            X