microsoft easy assistant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• microsoft easy assistant

I just read about something from microsoft thats supposed to be in line with logmein rescue or gotoassist. It looks like its part of live meeting. Is there a way using office communications server 2007 or R2 that this can be hosted internally, or is this only available as a hosted product from Microsoft?

Re: microsoft easy assistant

Is the product that you are referring to Microsoft's Shared View? I don't think you can host that internally as it relies on Windows Live IDs for people to use it. Tell us what you're hoping to accomplish and maybe we can point you in the direction of another tool that does what you're interested in.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

thanks for your reply. The product is actuall this:http://www.microsoft.com/resources/t...asy_Assist.htm

it appears to be part of live meeting. I am confused if live meeting can be hosted internally. Basically, I am looking into logmein rescue type of software but something that can be hosted internally(maybe even something thats part of the action pak/msdn). I found some vague references to being able to run livemeeting off of office communication server, but nothing concrete.

Comment

Your best bet would be to call the Live Meeting sales number listed at the link you provided. They'll be able to provide you with accurate information.

Comment

I did some sleuthing (I wanted to know more about LogMeIn and I've never looked much at Live Meeting) and it looks like Live Meeting is only a hosted solution with no option for hosting it in house. If my understanding is correct, the integration of LiveMeeting with OCS is that the OC client can be used to connect to LiveMeeting events without the need to install the LiveMeeting client itself. It doesn't look like you can decouple East Assist from LiveMeeting and you can't host LiveMeeting in-house. As Joe suggested, Call up the LiveMeeting team and see what they say (I know, talking to sales people is sooooooo much fun )

So you want some kind of remote support tool that can manage your clients but you want to be the one to host the backend server? Are you in an IT department for one company or are you a consultant that has many different clients? That kind of tool might be hard to find since so few people want to host their own servers for that kind of work that there isn't a big market for it.
          Wesley David
          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
          Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
          Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

While it's not a Microsoft service, I found a service that might meet the needs of those looking to host their own remote support server. It seems to be cheaper than OCS and might offer better features for what the original poster is looking for. The service is called ShowMyPC. The have an enterprise business plan that allows you to install the service on your own server. Check out the FAQ to find out more about the program's features. I have no personal experience with this service and cannot vouch for it's quality.

I also posted this solution in this similar thread.
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Working...
            X