Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Model number finder software

Hi,

I have about 600 computers in the domain and in AD mix of all HP and Dell, we need to find out how many different brand and models we have how many

example

Dell 620 --- 10
    Dell 745 ---- 50 so on and so forth.

is there a freeware software out on the net.

I found SIW so far but its paid one now. Does anyone know any free software?

Re: PC Model number finder software

Use WMI and some scripting. Wmi can be used to extract info about computer, look at Win32_computersystem and Win32_baseboard classes, maybe there is a suitable identification.

After you figure out the computer type, make each computer report its status to a server with, say, logon script. Summing up the results should be easy enough.

-vP

Comment

Originally posted by vonPryz View Post
      Use WMI and some scripting. Wmi can be used to extract info about computer, look at Win32_computersystem and Win32_baseboard classes, maybe there is a suitable identification.

After you figure out the computer type, make each computer report its status to a server with, say, logon script. Summing up the results should be easy enough.

-vP

Well that's very long process as all 600 computer are in different location. I am not Scripting guy well know nothing about scripting. so i am looking for some software where I can just scan via the IP and it will pick up the netbios name and the model of the PC. SIW does that but not the free version.

Comment

With 600 PCs to manage, I would consider paying for something.....
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          With 600 PCs to manage, I would consider paying for something.....

Ya i agree, but my boss doesn't

Comment

Have a look at SYDI Project.
            It's a collection of scripts that collects a wealth of info (including the model number).

Ta
            Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

AFAIK SIW is free.

Comment

Working...
              X