Installing Kodak DC280 Zoom Digital Camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Kodak DC280 Zoom Digital Camera

So, my parents sent me this extra digital camera they had. It's a Kodak DC280 Zoom. I'm trying to install it on my Dell Optiplex GX110. I'm using Windows 2000. Basically, when I put the cd in, it asks me to choose my language, then it says it's preparing the InstallShield Wizard and it takes me to a menu where I can choose what to install. I click on DC240/DC280 Software. Once again, I'm prompted to choose my language and once again it says it's preparing the InstallShield Wizard. The bar goes all the way up, but then nothing happens. In the instruction booklet it says it's compatible with Windows 95 and 98. I think the camera was made before Windows 2000 came out, so does that mean there's no way for me to install it?

Re: Installing Kodak DC280 Zoom Digital Camera

Go to the Kodak site and look for Windows 2000 drivers
    (edit gives a lot of alternative links http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...meta=&aq=f&oq=)

Also, many cameras will appear as another drive without drivers, so you can pull pictures off them
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

There was actually a USB device in the box that my parents sent me, so I can just put the memory card in that and hook it up to my computer to get the pictures on my hard drive. Probably much easier than hooking the camera up to my computer. Is there any advantage in installing the software if I can upload the pictures without it?

Comment

Kodak had a very nice bit of software that would help you print off the photos. However now you can just put them on an SD Card and take them to your local "Qwicki Mart" and print them there.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X