X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virus infected.

hi friends,

my pc got infected by virus.

It not even allow to activete anti-virus service.. some how i run full antivirus cleaning after cleaning. I reboot the system.

after get in to login screen after enter user name password. after few seconds it comes to same screen. i tryed different user it coming login screen again.

Even i tried in safe mode.
    also tried LAST GOOD CONFIGURATION not work.

kindly sugguest.
    Best Regards,
    Prasad

Re: virus infected.

What was the name of the virus detected as by your antivirus software?
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

What is the operating system?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Remove HDD and connect to another PC that is fully patched and has an up to date anti virus. Save your data, Favorites, email, N2K file if using Outlook and anything elses important to you. Replace HDD in original PC and do a clean install. This should get rid of any infections on you machine. Don't forget to delete and then create a new partition.

Doing this will save you bulk time and give you a clean machine. Install ALL updates, hotfixes and anti virus before moving your data back.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Shutdown computer.
          Insert Windows 98 bootdisk into floppy disk drive.
          Power PC on.
          At flashing cursor type format c: /s

Won't get many viruses now.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
            Shutdown computer.
            Insert Windows 98 bootdisk into floppy disk drive.
            Power PC on.
            At flashing cursor type format c: /s

Won't get many viruses now.
            Thats not very nice is it..

Comment

Originally posted by scurlaruntings View Post
              Thats not very nice is it..
              But given the OP hasnt come back to us with any further details, it seems to have been very effective
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                But given the OP hasnt come back to us with any further details, it seems to have been very effective
                Im not going to lie i revel in a challenge and seem to get some twisted pleasure from disinfecting virus infested systems. Del tree c:\ would have been my very last option!

Comment

Originally posted by scurlaruntings View Post
                  Im not going to lie i revel in a challenge and seem to get some twisted pleasure from disinfecting virus infested systems.
                  I used to be that way, but after sometimes spending tens of hours on a single problem system, there was still no guarantee that the machine was completely cleaned. Also, there was invariably some bizarre symptoms left over from one or more of the actions I took to fix the issue. After I realized that I was watching my life's precious time slip away with no more than a "how d'you do" I decided to sing the "fdisk, format, reboot... do da, do da" song (sung to the tune of Camptown Races). However, I will grant that for those that don't know the typical modus operandi of viruses the experience of virus hunting a few systems is very instructional and will give you a better understanding of how a Windows based system works (especially the registry).
                  Wesley David
                  LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                  -------------------------------
                  Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                  Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                  Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                  Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
                  X