Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when target file exists and is newer than the source, what do you do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when target file exists and is newer than the source, what do you do?

Every once and while in various situations you are asked
    "The target file exists and is newer than the source, Overwrite the newer file?"
    What do you do?
    The example below is non-specific, just looking for your rationale for YES, NO, or NO TO ALL.
    Attached Files
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Re: when target file exists and is newer than the source, what do you do?

It depends on what it is on each occasion but more than often it is No. I hardly ever use No to all.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Depends what the source is and if I started a copy process.
      But usually I click on No. If I get the message quite often then I click no to all.

However, sometimes when needed I click yes to all. (Shift + Yes click I'd believe)
      Last edited by Dumber; 26th April 2009, 22:02.
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands
      http://www.phetios.com
      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I guess I should clarify, this is a prompt that arrives when reinstalling applications, I happened to be reinstalling exchange. I am not referring to just copy and paste in explorer.
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Is this a /disasterrecovery switch install? When I did mine I did a Yes to all because I knew they would be updated when I installed SP1 & SP2. However before you go off and do it I would get an opinion from Sembee, Daniel or another who is fluent in Exchange.

Since it is Exchange this thread could actually be moved to the Exchange Forums. What version are you using so we can choose the correct Forum.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X