Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Communications Server R2 VoIP and IP-PBX/PBX integration in production env.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Communications Server R2 VoIP and IP-PBX/PBX integration in production env.

Has anyone had experience of implementing a VoIP solution using Microsoft Office Communications Server R2 or make any recommendations?

There is a traditional PBX system connecting 1 site to the PSTN network. AFAIK, it would be worth looking into whether it can be upgraded to IP-PBX and/or installing a CSTA gateway to allow an RCC scenario with Microsoft Office Communications Server R2. Not sure of the best way to go.

I need to meet the following aims.

Need to support 100 users - maybe maximum of 15 outgoing calls at anytime. - So Standard edition probably sufficient. Does the licensing also allow the mediation server role to be installed on another PC?

Another site will be having some ISDN lines installed for voice. I could then install an IP-PBX system and integrate it with Microsoft Office Communications Server R2. Is this the best way to go or would you recommend a VoIP provider that can allow connection to the PSTN network?

Does anybody know a good IP-PBX that is compatible with Microsoft Office Communications Server R2, so hopefully I don't need to bother with a mediation server and/or Gateway?

There will be a 2Mbps point-to-point dedicated lease line between the sites. I will need to allow internal calls through this. Would a scenario where 1 site receives its external calls through an IP-PBX and the other, a PBX, allow internal calls to still route? I take it that I just need to ensure I setup the appropriate Microsoft Office Communications Server R2s? Would this bandwidth be ok for the scenario?

Any suggestions are welcomed. TIA.

Re: Microsoft Communications Server R2 VoIP and IP-PBX/PBX integration in production

If you consider that a channelized T1 PRI affords for up to 24 voice channels (phone calls, conversations, etc.) or 23 voice and one data channel, I would think that 2Mbps would be sufficient for the voice communications between sites. If you foresee only a dozen or so simultaneous calls between sites then 2Mbps may be sufficient for both the voice and data traffic. you could look into implementing a dynamic circuit (T1 or bonded T1's) between sites which would give priority to the voice traffic at the expense of the data traffic.

I don't have any experience and therefore no opinion on the other apsects of your post.

Comment

Re: Microsoft Communications Server R2 VoIP and IP-PBX/PBX integration in production

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
      Has anyone had experience of implementing a VoIP solution using Microsoft Office Communications Server R2 or make any recommendations for a Business Telephone System? MOD EDIT -- DONT TRY TO SNEAK IN ADVERTISING LINKS

There is a traditional PBX system connecting 1 site to the PSTN network. AFAIK, it would be worth looking into whether it can be upgraded to IP-PBX and/or installing a CSTA gateway to allow an RCC scenario with Microsoft Office Communications Server R2. Not sure of the best way to go.

I need to meet the following aims.

Need to support 100 users - maybe maximum of 15 outgoing calls at anytime. - So Standard edition probably sufficient. Does the licensing also allow the mediation server role to be installed on another PC?

Another site will be having some ISDN lines installed for voice. I could then install an IP-PBX system and integrate it with Microsoft Office Communications Server R2. Is this the best way to go or would you recommend a VoIP provider that can allow connection to the PSTN network?

Does anybody know a good IP-PBX that is compatible with Microsoft Office Communications Server R2, so hopefully I don't need to bother with a mediation server and/or Gateway?

There will be a 2Mbps point-to-point dedicated lease line between the sites. I will need to allow internal calls through this. Would a scenario where 1 site receives its external calls through an IP-PBX and the other, a PBX, allow internal calls to still route? I take it that I just need to ensure I setup the appropriate Microsoft Office Communications Server R2s? Would this bandwidth be ok for the scenario?

Any suggestions are welcomed. TIA.
      I too am looking for an IPPBX that is compatible with the Server R2. I have been in search of someone, anyone, that can recommend something to me and have had no luck.
      Hopefully someone here will be able to help me.
      Many thanks,
      Clark
      Last edited by Ossian; 17th August 2009, 07:27. Reason: DODGY LINK REMOVED

Comment

This may be of interest.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/bb735838.aspx

Comment

I have been using 3CX for a while now, and I like it. A surprisingly easy to manage alternative to hardware-based IP telephony products. You just need to install and run the 3CX Phone System for Windows. You can have fully featured in-house Business IP PBX, offering support for as many SIP-enabled handsets as you like plus voicemail, PSTN connectivity, automated call handling, and a few other great features. Check it out if you are still looking for some Hosted Voip PBX alternatives.
          Last edited by TeslaShock; 5th November 2009, 11:02.

Comment

Working...
          X