Windows Vista - McAfee Autoupdates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Vista - McAfee Autoupdates

I have installed McAfee Total protection for Enterprise But I am having a problem running the auto update (Especially for Vista machines) I get stuck when downloading (avvdat-5578.zip), I assume this is due to my slow Internet connection!! (I know McAfee 8.5i is 32bit able?). Is there a way I can download this file from some ftp site? If its possible how do I run it outside the VirusScan console so that I update the virus definations. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows Vista - McAfee Autoupdates

You can download it (http and ftP IIRC) from the nai.com site and install it -- there should be an exe version sdatXXXX.exe
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Windows Vista - McAfee Autoupdates

Originally posted by Thewapa View Post
      I have installed McAfee Total protection for Enterprise But I am having a problem running the auto update (Especially for Vista machines) I get stuck when downloading (avvdat-5578.zip), I assume this is due to my slow Internet connection!! (I know McAfee 8.5i is 32bit able?). Is there a way I can download this file from some ftp site? If its possible how do I run it outside the VirusScan console so that I update the virus definations. Thanks in advance.
      It often hangs on that update. Do you have e-policy orchestrator? If so, you can install that and roll out an agent to all machines. They then get updated via e-policy orchestrator and it's just the e-policy orchestrator that downloads the updates.

Furthermore, you should have a grant number that allows you to logon to the Mcafee site and view the software available for you to download. You may find that software already has some of the update you are attempting to download. If you have Mcafee Gold Support, the technical services of Mcafee are very good.

Comment

Working...
      X