Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great free video training from Microsoft; TechNet and MSDN.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great free video training from Microsoft; TechNet and MSDN.

Microsoft has created a series of bite-sized video tutorials / screencasts for many of their products and offered them for free on their TechNet and MSDN web sites. These videos seem genuinely useful and are often created by MVPs and other independent consultants rather than Microsoft's marketing department.

TechNet "How do I… ?" video landing page.
    MSDN "How do I… ?" video landing page.

The TechNet "How do I… ?" library includes categories such as deployment, Exchange, scripting, SharePoint, SQL Server, virtualization, Windows Server, Terminal Services and more. Here's just a small example of some of the video tutorials that you can find at the TechNet "How do I…?" video library:

The MSDN "How do I… ?" library includes categories such as ASP.NET, ASP.NET AJAX, Azure Services Platform, Silverlight, Visual Basic and C#, Windows Forms and more. Here's just a small example of some of the video tutorials that you can find at the MSDN "How do I…?" video library:

Of course, none of these videos can completely replace full length training sets such as what Train Signal produces.

UPDATE (28 March 2009):
    35 Part series on Business intelligence using SQL Server.
    Last edited by Nonapeptide; 28th May 2009, 17:54. Reason: Smartened it up a bit and made it look purdy
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Re: TechNet "How do I... ?" videos; Great free training

Thanks Nonapeptide,

They will definitely come handy.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: TechNet "How do I... ?" videos; Great free training

Thread has been Stickied. Could we please keep this thread clear of posts like:

"Great videos, very helpful" etc etc

This idea is to reserve it for other Links the the OP might find and like to post here. Nice find Nonapeptide and again, thanks for sharing. It's what this site is all about.

[Added] Just having a look at the Configure Forefront Server Security for Sharepoint to Block Uploading and Downloading of Specific File and I wish he would just slow his speech down a bit. It just makes it a bit difficult for us old guys trying to watch and listen at the same time. Luckily you can download the video and replay at your pleasure. Anyway, the info is really good despite having the fast speech!! Gordon Ryan should be thanked for sharing his hard gained experience with the rest of us.

Thanks Gordon!!
      Last edited by biggles77; 28th March 2009, 16:30. Reason: Added comment.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: Great free video training from Microsoft; TechNet and MSDN.

Some more Virtualization videos in here:
        http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/e...ation-overview
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
        X