No announcement yet.

Offline Files - Remote Users

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline Files - Remote Users

Not sure if this is the right place to post so sorry in advance.

Myself and a colleague have just completed a massive overhaul of my companies IT systems. We have basically flattened the whole thing and built a new domain etc. All is well so far, however I am being tickled by an irritating issue with laptops. Previously, everything worked fine, users would synchronize when on site or connected via VPN. When they were offline, they would just work as normal. However, since the rebuild, whenever a laptop user boots up their machine and logs in (offline), a message box appears informing them that 'Windows cannot update your roaming profile.' The detail at the bottom says 'The specified network name is no longer avaialble.

Now obviously, it won't find a network as the machine is not connected. However, I have mirrored the group policy as it was previously and it didn't cause a problem. The user can still log on etc, but this box is causing some confusion (users ringing me up scared they've broken it etc). How can I hide this box? Is it something I've missed in GP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have searched on google etc, but I don't really know what to search for.