Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deploy Adobe Production Premium CS4

Hi Guys,

We got Adobe Production Premium CS4 4 DVD's the other day.

What is the easiest way in deploying this, we need to install in 3 ICT Rooms.

Re: deploy Adobe Production Premium CS4

Originally posted by itian View Post
    Hi Guys,

We got Adobe Production Premium CS4 4 DVD's the other day.

What is the easiest way in deploying this, we need to install in 3 ICT Rooms.
    My experience with Adobe Products and rolling them out has not been good. I worked at a 2000 user school network for some 4 years and we found the easiest way was to install the product on the RIS image for the computer lab and roll the image out overnight.

Also, as students were heavily restricted and due to them not being local administrators (even Teachers weren't), we granted the group we used for 'students', modify permission to the Adobe Program file or the relevant locations. That was needed to ensure there were not issues when using the software.

I am not sure if you have AD, but you could try rolling it out via Group Policy. Look for an MSI file on the CD to save you creating your own MSI. Then you can carry out a test roll out to a couple of machines.

Comment

Have you contacted Adobe support?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
        My experience with Adobe Products and rolling them out has not been good. I worked at a 2000 user school network for some 4 years and we found the easiest way was to install the product on the RIS image for the computer lab and roll the image out overnight.
        Ditto.

Considering the size of CS4, I think this would be the easiest option though I would personally use Ghost Console instead of RIS.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X