Facebook inaccessible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook inaccessible

Has anyone had problems with accessing Facebook. I get a 'This Page Cannot be displayed' but I can access all other webistes and of course this one.

Re: Facebook inaccessible

It just came back up and then went again. I assume there must be a problem at the other end.

Comment

Using what ISP and DNS service (ie, provided by ISP, other 3rd party such as OpenDNS etc)?

We block access to Facebook and MySpace so wouldn't have seen any problems here.

Ah the look on <project engineer>'s face the day I blocked Facebook. He may have actually got some work done that day...
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I'm working from home, so isn't blocked. It's Virgin Media and I have never had problems with it before. As I said, all other internet traffic is ok.

It has now come back up, so i must have been accessing it at one of their 0.00001% of downtime for the year. Just my luck.

Same here, I block Facebook, myspace, bebo and twitter.com etc. for my client sites and even for some of my staff.

Thanks for the post though.
        Last edited by Virtual; 17th February 2009, 12:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
          Has anyone had problems with accessing Facebook. I get a 'This Page Cannot be displayed' but I can access all other webistes and of course this one.
          This is a problem?

(Sorry, that was an easy target )
          Wesley David
          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
          -------------------------------
          Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
          Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
          Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
          Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
          X