No announcement yet.

Printing solutions for remote offices

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing solutions for remote offices

We have 9 branch offices. There are no servers in any of the branch offices, all servers are centralized in a datacenter located in the corporate office. Currently all users in the branch offices print directly to IP of any printer in the office they need to print to. I'm looking to use some kind of print server appliance in each office that will host 10 - 30 printers, is AD aware, and we can manage remotely. I would like to avoid everyone using the print server in our corporate office and printing across the WAN. Does anyone know of any print server appliances?

Re: Printing solutions for remote offices

I don't know any devices other than using a Microsoft Member Print Server as I am sure you have considered.

Re: Printing solutions for remote offices

Your cheapest option might be a standard Windows Server, especially as it would give many other benefits (file storage, additional dc, dhcp, dns etc)
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **