No announcement yet.

sql mirroring - help

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sql mirroring - help

we have two offices - only connected via adsl link

on these we have a sql server with a database on it - linking to a software package

this works fine on the network where the database is located, but its slow over the vpn connection between the offices

is there a way to improve this - i believe mirroring wont work, as you cannot access the mirror? any other ideas - without increasing wan link speed

Re: sql mirroring - help

What DBMS are you using - SQL Server?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

sql 2005 - standard version

What about using Terminal services into the office where the database is located.

How many Simultaneous users at the remote end and what bandwidth ADSL?
        Last edited by Rednet; 10th February 2009, 14:37.

its was initially setup as tsweb app. but the program exports documents into word using sql commands, because of this it open word remotely, so the current user cant use it (i.e. in ts web set up as a single app not remote desktop to ts server)
          when it does this the program just hangs (as it waiting for word to accept the sql command in word)

Unless you have allot of very reliable bandwidth between the offices I wouldn't use SQL replication. I think full Remote desktop/TS is the way.