Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOM 2005 Agent Deployment

Hi,

I am having some problems deploying the MOM 2005 Agent to a server, the server is Win2k SP4, The MOM Action Account has Administrator priviledge, I have also tried using the local administrator credentials.

When deploying the agent I get the following error:

The MOM Server failed to perform specified operation on computer "<server name>".

Error Code: 5
    Error Description: Access is denied.

The server is not behind a firewall and I have been able to deploy Agents to other macines.

Any ideas???

Cheers

P

Hiya

I would get this sometimes when deploying MOM 2000.

Is the machine in another domain and are there trusts in place? If not then the trusts will need to be placed.

I always found a manual agent install to be a good last stop-gap.

Cheers

Comment

They are in different domains, however a trust relationship already exists.

I will try a manual install.

Also can you help on this issue:

I have deployed an agent to a SQL 2000 server and I keep getting the following error on SQL Server:

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'.

and MOM gives me the following errors:

The SQL Server management pack script "SQL Server 2000 Space Analysis" is unable to successfully connect to the SQL Server instance "MSSQLSERVER". The error message returned is "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'." Log space check failed.

and

Could not connect using SQLDMO to SQL Instance MSSQLSERVER. However, the instance is currently running.

any ideas?

Cheers

P

Comment

Possibly runing the onepoint service (MOM agent) with a privilaged account may do the trick.

Comment

I have tried that, but the service failes to start, I used the account that SQL Server is running under, which is a local administrator, has System Administrator right and can local on local, etc...

P

Comment

Working...
          X