Symantec Anti Virus Corporate Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symantec Anti Virus Corporate Server

I've installed the Symantec Corporate for my Server and configured it as to run a weekly scan.
    But since the day i've installed it my system is running very very slow.
    I've checked and saw that it always scan my system, i could not find a way to stop it.
    as if i go to to the "Enable Auto-Protection " tab i can see it scans my system all the time.

Any one know how to make it stop? as i don't want it to scan right now.

Thanks.

Re: Symantec Anti Virus Corporate Server

You probably have "On access" or "Realtime protection" (Whatever different name different vendors give it) on.
    You'll probably need to refer to the Instructions you get with the product for configuring the AV so, it doesn't affect the performance much.
    I.e. you can disable this bit: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...=tranus_con_br

Ta
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: Symantec Anti Virus Corporate Server

What version of SAVCE are you running?

Go into the Symantec System Center Console, right click on the Primary Server. Select Client Administrator Only Options and disable the highlighted selections. You could also click on the Client Tamper Protection Option and disable that as it can be a pain when you or a user tries to stop the process in Task Manager. I have seen it disabled by newer virus but it is an option you can play with. Remember by playing with option in the Symantec System Center Console, you can easily change back anything you modify.

I would also recommend disabling any Network Scanning (which SAV enables by default.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAVCE-SSCC1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	463912

Name:	SAVCE-SSCC2.jpg
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	463913

Name:	SAVCE-SSCC3.jpg
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	463914

Learn how to use the Symantec System Center Console as it is a really useful tool, especially for deploying SAV to clients on mass.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X