Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VOIP for internal users and company contacts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOIP for internal users and company contacts?

Currently a small number of our company employees use Skype to converse (text and voice) with clients / contracted employees across the globe. Skype isn't known to be the most secured software in the world or anything, so I was wondering if anyone out there was ever in a similar situation, and if so, what alternatives you went with?

Thinking of a Ventrilo server, but it doesn't exactly exude "business usage", if you know what I mean.

Note: We have an internal Spark server, but I've never heard of a VOIP module for it.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: VOIP for internal users and company contacts?

Is this any use to you???

http://www.vosky.com/cms/

Comment

Nope, sorry. They're using Skype just to IM / voice chat and not to actually call people at a phone number.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Update:
        Turns out none of the users use Skype anymore for VOIP, let alone chat, so we just uninstalled it. Skype has a chat module called FastPath that we're going to set up so that clients can log into and converse with various departments. Some will use logins that aren't authenticated (e.g. their name could be Darth Vader), others will be required to call in to be authenticated, and then we'll give them a login. Everything's logged as well.

Comment

Working...
        X