Removing then ROM deleting logical drive then Reinstalling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing then ROM deleting logical drive then Reinstalling

On an HP380 DL under ROM configuration for arrays we can deleete a logical drive which has been removed from the system for whatever reason.

If the logical drive is deleted and then the subject physical drive reinstalled, will a simple creation of a logical drive in ROM configuration selecting that drive allow it's contents to continue to be used?

No problem with the drive caused it's removal I just didnt want it interfering with other activity. On the one hand it still interfers while a removed drive however until deleted and on the other when deleted it wouldn't operate until being created logically (I am just hoping not to lose data.)

Regards

Ian

PS hope that isnt too convoluted. I know there is an easy way to find out but an answer beforehand would let me choose which one I lose data on. Thanks.

Re: Removing then ROM deleting logical drive then Reinstalling

I hope I undersood your question right
    IIRC, the answer is NO. When you'll create on the physical drive the new logical drive, all the drive's contents will be lost.
    Last edited by sorinso; 30th December 2008, 06:50.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Thank you Sorin. Moving data, a re-creation then a reinstall is the way to go then.

Now all that is done and it didn't turn out as big a deal as I thought it may.

Regards

Ian

Comment

I am glad to hear it turned out as you hoped.
        Thank you for posting back the outcome.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X