Portable Java IDE's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable Java IDE's

I've been using Eclipse for a little while and while nifty, it is a monolithic beast to load. I'm trying to find a smaller IDE that I could run from a flash drive. All I really want is formatting help to keep the code easier to read and a compile/run button. I've tried the Google but all I've really found are old threads and dead ends, what I'm talking about may not exist but its worth a try

Re: Portable Java IDE's

Moved to Misc
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Try BlueJ. That's as portable as they get - it offers only the very basics.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Wasn't sure where else to put it, sorry for the mis-placed post.

BlueJ is pretty cool though, exactly what I was looking for, much thanks.

Comment

Keep in mind that BlueJ is not designed to be used for serious projects - it's there as a teaching tool to introduce students to OO programming.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
          X