Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iLO2 madness

Hi All

2 Servers in question are HP DL360 G5's. More specifically its the Lights Out Cards I am having a problem with (Lights Out V2)

Both have a static internal IP, and both are accessable on the LAN no problems.

I have configured my Firewall with Virtual IP's to forward the traffic to these IP's, but no matter how hard I try I cant browse to them from externally!

The firewall policies for these are at their most unrestrictive form at the moment, and any traffic hitting those Virtual IP's is being forwarded to the Lights Out Cards regardless of protocol.

Is there something I am obviously missing?

Re: iLO2 madness

a Virtual IP (VIP) by definition uses ports so you might want to setup a Mapped IP (MIP) instead.

Comment

Oh, terminology mixup

At the moment it is set as MIP (i.e forwarding everything)

Comment

Ok so the MIP is setup, do you have the firewall policies setup to allow HTTP and HTTPS on the MIP?

Comment

Yes, correct.

I have tried (and each time it worked perfectly on the LAN side)

-Changing the SSL Port on the iLo to 4343, as I thought it may have been conflicting with something else (wasnt the case in the end anyway)

-Browsing to it via HTTP from externally

-Browsing to it via HTTPS from externally

-The Network config mentions Terminal Services, so I even tried RDP'ing to it. When I do this on the LAN side I get prompted for credentials although it doesnt connect pass there. From outside I get nothing.

-Ping. Works internally, not externally.

ONCE I got through to 1 of the iLo's on https://ip:4343 and I got the SSL warning page on IE7, I clicked continue and it timed out. All other attempts just show it as not accessible at all.

Is any of what I am doing a Licensed feature?

I have rechecked the policies 100000 times and I am 100% certain its correct...I mean, this isnt exactly complicated and I have other policies doing the same thing to other devices/sites all working fine.
          Last edited by hongman; 18th December 2008, 23:33.

Comment

Hmmmm

I just did a trace route from my PC and it gets all the way to the ISP's router then dies (not even hitting my firewall).

Then tried the same on the other IP and it finishes no problem. So I hit refresh and now I am getting the SSL Error page again, alas its still hanging!

Comment

Is the default gateway IP correct on the iLO?

Comment

Yes - the Gateway is the Firewall (which is also doing the routing). I can ping these ok between each other (LAN still)

This should not be difficult!

Appreciate the help though

Comment

If you say everything is setup correctly but you can't ping I would look at whatever type of debug logging your firewall does, and even a network trace.

Comment

Welllll

I just updated the firmware of the 2 cards (2 revisions out).

On one, Its kinda getting there but still struggling. I can now get past the SSL Error Page, and try to log in. Upon logging in it just freezes again. I can also now Ping this one from externally.

The other, still no dice, same as before. Exactly the same settings on both!!

I have emailed my ISP to see if they can look into it, the fact that it is Bonded ADSL may have an impact I guess? Although similar services are working fine (OWA etc).

Limited network debeug info can be done on the one that isnt working, its not even hitting my equipment from the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by hongman View Post
                      On one, Its kinda getting there but still struggling. I can now get past the SSL Error Page, and try to log in. Upon logging in it just freezes again. I can also now Ping this one from externally.
                      Still pingable, no longer getting anything via IE now...

Comment

Working...
                      X