Problem with Microsoft BootWizard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Microsoft BootWizard

After starting the Boot Wizard (v1.3.37.0) (Trace->Next Boot+Driver Delay) and rebooting, the Boot Wizard shows two messages:
    1. "Saving the Boot trace to file
    TRACE_BOOT_DRIVER_1_1.BIN"
    and
    2. "Number of Physical drives in the trace file is 0. Trace file has invalid system configuration information."

I have a NONAME computer with EPOX EP-4PEA91 (intel i845PE), Intel Celeron 4/2000, DDR RAM 768 Mb, NVIDIA GF2 MX400 64Mb, Seagate 40,8 GB ST-340014A (Barracuda 7200.7), combo NEC ND-4570A.

The HDD is the Primary Master and combo is the Secondary Master. No other devices are set or have been set before.

Where is the problem buried?

Re: Problem with Microsoft BootWizard

A clue as to your operating system would be very useful

Anything from your techrepublic post (identical to this one)?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      A clue as to your operating system would be very useful

Anything from your techrepublic post (identical to this one)?
      Thanks. Operating system is Windows XP Pro SP2 with SP3 installed. I've posted the same message at the Techrepublic but didn't get the clarifying reply. That is why I am here. Essentially I got the following answer.

You need to enter BIOS and check that the Drive is correctly Recognized and then Save the changes when you exit. If you do not do this the HDD parameters will be for the old HDD that was fitted. Also because of the way that this is being used you may need to set it to the same setting as the Old drive that was removed. There is a Jumper on the 6/7 Pins between the IDE Plug on the HDD and the 4 pin power Plug. There are 3 possible setting that you can set here Master, Slave or Cable Select. Also on some of these Seagate HDD it is possible to limit the size of the HDD to 32 GIG with another jumper on these pins but then there are 8 pins in that section not 6 or 7 depending on the model of the HDD. If Boot Manager was setup to work on a Master and you are now using Cable Select the Boot Manager may not be able to recognize the HDD and is failing to register it correctly.

I entered BIOS and checked the Drive and saved the settings. Which wasn't needed as I never had another HDD. And the HDD is set as Master and always has been that way. There are 8 pins and I didn't try to limit the size of the HDD.

What else might be there?

Comment

Do you have another device on the Primary Controller with the 40GB Seagate?
        Have you tried resetting the BIOS to a default setup?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
          Do you have another device on the Primary Controller with the 40GB Seagate?
          Have you tried resetting the BIOS to a default setup?
          No, I don't have another device on the Primary Controller and I've done resetting the BIOS. Nothing happened. Still BootWizard says that Number of Physical drives in the trace file is 0. Though the trace file is rather big.

Comment

Working...
          X