Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic menu bar soultion.

hi ,
    im working in a big comapny and for now we have an menu bar that working from the Windows start menu and replicate to all of the pepole by script and by update main GC server in the comapny.

someone have another solution for me ?
    maybe something that easyer to change and add things to there ?
    matbe somthing that more graphic ?

thanks ,
    Sdesign.

Re: Automatic menu bar soultion.

What exactly do you mean by "menu bar that working from the Windows start menu" ?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      What exactly do you mean by "menu bar that working from the Windows start menu" ?
      im my comapny when client ( have 5000+ users ) install computer from my image it's comes with menu bar that i put in the Start Menu.
      this menu bar using vbs scripts to run applicaions in the compnay.
      for example if a customer want to install Project2003 he just need to go to this menu bar and click on the project icon.
      this click will start vbs script that know what is the network location of this application and install this to the user in silent mode.

this menu bar is update during the logon script that gives a command to go the nearset GC server and update the shortcuts and the VBB from him.

im looking for something more user frindley and more easy to maintenence.

got something >?

Comment

Start Menu redirection maybe? Use Group Policy to redirect the Start Menu to a folder on a share.
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Start Menu redirection maybe? Use Group Policy to redirect the Start Menu to a folder on a share.
          hi ,
          thx for replaying..

im not talking about GP in order to make menu bar to the clients.

im looking for some software that i can edit the menu bar easilt and not by shell command every time i want to add icon to the list..

this menu bar looks like this ( Pic Attached of the current menu bar )
          Attached Files

Comment

Group Policy would let you do that. Setup GP redirection of the Start Menu to a share on the server. Now you only have to make changes in one place, and that change is reflected on every client workstation.
            Gareth Howells

Comment

Group Policy would let you do that. Setup GP redirection of the Start Menu to a share on the server. Now you only have to make changes in one place, and that change is reflected on every client workstation.
              yes this is what there is right now..
              the menu bar locate on central GC of the company and replicate from there to the client workstations.

i want to give it another look maybe or another solution for it ..
              it can be outside the start menu ...
              maybe something on the web..

this is the reason that i open theard here.. to see if someone have another solution for me ?

Comment

You could create a webpage, publish it on your server with IIS and add the relevant links to it.
                Gareth Howells

Comment

Still not sure what you are after so, have a look at Rocket Dock. http://rocketdock.com/ Very much like the Dock on Macs and customisable. Could probably be MSIed and pushed out via a GPO.
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                  X