File associations changed and I use Bittorrents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File associations changed and I use Bittorrents

I have the same problem, and know absolutely nothing about computers..

I had bittorrent, and now all my desktop icons have the bittorrent icon as their file icon...

When i go to open any .exe file it tells me i need to open it with a program..

Please help me i have no idea what is going on..

Re: registry files corrupted

Kd_is_here,
    Please don't hijack threads. You haven't read the forum rules huh?

Reported for splitting.
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

And remember this forum has absolutely NOTHING to do with illegal software downloads. Are there any legitimate purposes for BitTorrent?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        Are there any legitimate purposes for BitTorrent?
        I'm afraid so Ossain, OpenOffice is available via BitTorrent for instance so are a lot of VMWare Virtual Appliances.
        If the information you receive helps please let us know and leave reputation points where appropriate.

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do. - Ted Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by g00ner View Post
          I'm afraid so Ossain, OpenOffice is available via BitTorrent for instance so are a lot of VMWare Virtual Appliances.
          Ossian meant specific for this case... No user will receive support on these forums if he is involved in illegal activities. And downloading things you don't hold the right to use is such an activity.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

Working...
          X