Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a virus in my network, suggestions? [Was: hello i am new]

this is my first question and its not easy one

i have virus in my network from 3 days and it infects all the computer in my network

his symptoms like sound driver down , internet connection sharing stop service , and i can not access any sharing folder and it stops services in services.msc

and i do not know what to do ? quickly please

Re: hello i am new

Welcome. Please read the forum rules - "hello i am new" is not a helpful thread topic. You have also provided next to no detail regarding your systems. Is this problem specific to Windows Server 2000/2003 or would this be better in the Misc forum?

What operating systems are you running? Are they up to date?

What antivirus software are you running? Is it up to date?

What firewall are you using? Is it up to date?

What anti-malware are you using? Is it up to date?

What virus do you have, if known?

What have you tried to resolve the problem?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: I have a virus in my network, suggestions? [Was: hello i am new]

At the very least:

1. Find out what the virus is.
      2. Visit your AV providers website (from a clean PC) and download the fix.
      3. Disconnect all PC's from the network and perform the disinfection.
      4. Add the PC's back to the network one by one and make sure that the AV is up to date.

As an addition i would remove a harddisk from a "cleaned" PC and scan it again using a known clean PC.

Good luck.
      If the information you receive helps please let us know and leave reputation points where appropriate.

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do. - Ted Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by tahergabr View Post
        and i do not know what to do ? quickly please
        Flatten every infected machine and recover from your backup?
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
          Flatten every infected machine and recover from your backup?
          I don't think that is going to be an option some how. It wouldn't be in my organisation. Flatten and rebuild maybe, but not restore from backup.
          If the information you receive helps please let us know and leave reputation points where appropriate.

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do. - Ted Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by g00ner View Post
            I don't think that is going to be an option some how. It wouldn't be in my organisation. Flatten and rebuild maybe, but not restore from backup.
            Obviously a backup from before the infection... assuming you have backups
            Gareth Howells

Comment

Hello.
              You can do an free online scan with trend, it claims to be able to detect and remove malware, viruses, worms, trojans ect.

http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/
              Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
              I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
              MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Here's a long list of online scanners...

http://wiki.castlecops.com/Online_antivirus_scans

Comment

Working...
                X