No announcement yet.

3D Netwerk Diagram software

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Netwerk Diagram software

I came across a 3D Netwerk Diagram at a site and was wondering wich programm there are using it to create these diagrams.

The last few weeks i am encoutering these diagrams more and more.
    For an example:

Anybody an idea how i can make these diagrams?
    I know of Microsoft Visio, but if you see these diagrams, then visio is out dated.

Re: 3D Netwerk Diagram software

I wouldn't say Visio was outdated. It depends on who uses it! Have you seen the HP/Cisco etc kit pictures you can add? Racks etc?

Apologies for the slightly off topic as I don't know the program involved here but it may just be a nice drawing rather than a technical tool.

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

At a previous workplace, we had a few licences for a Visio plugin that added this sort of functionality. Don't remember what it was called though.

Maybe take a look at

I don't think Visio is outdated, it's just targetted at a certain market.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

It looks a lot like a graphic designer's job, and not a search-and-discover software. Notice that all components have generic names, based on their task, and not IP addresses or DNS names or such...
        I really don't think one can call Visio out-dated... Especially when there are places like VisioCafe that provide you with manufacturer-specific equipment. Check this one out: VSDFX .
        Take a look at the attached pic. It is from a Visio design (for a new blade servers project). Every component there was added and configured separately. But this is not a Visio add, so I'll stop here
        Attached Files

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Originally posted by Iznogoud View Post
          I came across a 3D Netwerk Diagram at a site and was wondering wich programm there are using it to create these diagrams.
          It's called Adobe Illustrator. Seriously, I doubt there's a graphing tool that makes trendy-kewl network diagrams like that. Not yet anyway. Give it a few years. (Of course, if you find a tool that does diagrams exactly like the picture that you posted, let me know!) I like eye-candy just as much as the next guy, but Visio isn't dead yet. It can be pretty enough for most boardroom presentations, no?
          Wesley David
          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
          Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
          Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
          Blog: || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
          Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow:

Hmmm it looks kinda cool.
            Maybe you should ask the creator of the image which tooling he used.

hmmm this looks like a nice start
            Last edited by Dumber; 24th November 2008, 15:50.
            Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"