No announcement yet.

Ghost Image Restore

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Image Restore

I have just used a ghost image to format and replace my computer to when I first bought it. I have done this many times when my computer becomes slow and clogged up from using the internet all the time. It has always worked without problems!

Once the ghost image had copied to the hard drive I clicked reset the computer as normal, went to the BIOS and reset the boot sequence so that the hard disk would be first boot!

The computer has come up with the black screen with "Reboot and select proper boot device or reinsert boot media in selected boot device"

I have checked all the cables in the computer and in the BIOS it is recognising that there is a hard disk drive but it still wont start!

Any help would be much appreciated cause I'mm pulling my hair out!!

Re: Ghost Image Restore

What OS?
    Can you boot from the original media and see if you can repair the boot files?
    Or even boot from another OS cd to see if you can read the disk?

Maybe try resetting the bios and then changing the boot sequence again?

no floppy or usb stick in the machine?

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Try taking the cd/dvd disk. floppys, usb storage out of the computer.
      Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
      I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
      MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

I have tried that and the hard disk is not recognised, it cannot find it!

I have not left any disks in the computer!

Someone told me about a program that can fix your computer and do lots of other things! Any ideas where I could get a program or cd that will boot my computer and diagnose problems?

If the hard drive is not recognised, then that is a hardware issue... presumably you have checked in the BIOS to see if it is detected in there.

Have you tried reseating and replacing the relevant cables? Tried changing which port the hard drive connects to? Tried a different hard disk to see if that is recognised?
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.