Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Create Website On LAN To Share Softwares?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Create Website On LAN To Share Softwares?

Hi,

I Want To Create Website To Share Softwares, Songs Etc For My Local Area Network. So That My Users Can Dowload Files From My LAN Website, Same As They Download Files By Writting www.Download.com

Is There Any Particular Method or Software To Do So?

Thanks In Advance.

Re: How To Create Website On LAN To Share Softwares?

Moved thread to the Misc. forum.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Fahad, will you own the rights to all the music? Are you wanting to make this a public site that anyone can go to?

If you're looking to get your name out there why not look into using MySpace or something like that. It will allow you to upload your music so people can listen to it.

But if you're trying to distribute stuff illegally then you won't find any help on these forums.
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Hi Fahad,

We can create own website in local lan.

What’s your existing environment? Domain Environment or Workgroup Environment!

If you have Domain environment, it is very easy to create your own website as per your requirements.

Prerequisites to create:

1. Windows server 2003 with Active directory services installed machine.
        2. DNS service Enabled.

If above requirements are with you let me know, so that, I can give you the installation steps.

Thanks,
        RAVI CH

Comment

Windows Server is not essential - all recent releases of Windows have IIS built in, and pretty much any OS can run Apache.

Active Directory is not necessary unless you want to use it for website authentication.

It is also not essential to install DNS on the server. Depending on your network setup, maybe your broadband router would be sufficient for provision of DHCP and DNS.

It is very easy to create and deploy websites on your computer, regardless of whether or not you are in a domain environment.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Please refrain from posting further assistance until the OP answers Jeremy's legal question.
            It was stated clearly:
            Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
            if you're trying to distribute stuff illegally then you won't find any help on these forums

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
            In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -
            «««««

Comment

Working...
            X