Export WSUS Update Views?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export WSUS Update Views?

Recently set up WSUS, and manually configured it with some basic update views (see attached image). Problem is, the new update views can't be seen by anyone else. For example, if I access the WSUS via the console on my computer, the views aren't there. Same goes for when another admin logs onto the server and attempts to see them.

Anyone know how to export / import these views? Haven't found anything yet on google, still trying various keyword combos.

Note: I've already tried creating a new MMC with a custom view like below, saved it, and opened on a different computer. Won't connect for whatever reason.
    Attached Files
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Export WSUS Update Views?

I don't remember doing something special in the console on my computer to see the details on the WSUS server ... And it's working like a charm...
    What do you do see in the console (on your computer)?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Same thing, but only down to WSUS updates. The ones below that are ones I created.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Geeee... I really don't know... There's nothing there to configure... Are you sure the console is looking to the right server?
        I'll look tomorrow morning from the server's console, maybe I'll find there something...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Yeah, only 1 WSUS, and only 4 PCs on it ATM. Just sucks having to re-create these views on each PC and login.

What are you talking about when you brought up configuring?

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
            What are you talking about when you brought up configuring?
            About the views... I mean, there's nothing there to change. You define the view and that's all. There's no way of setting who has rights to see the view and how don't ...
            Can you try to define a new view from your console, to see if it propagates to the server?

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

I'm trying to accomplish the same thing and have yet to find an answer. I did figure out that the settings are stored in a file called wsus in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\MMC. Did you ever find out anything more?

Comment

Well, I think whoathisaintgood, you indirectly answered the question.
                Any changes made to the WSUS console are registered and stored on the file you mention (C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\MMC)
                So copying this file to the Profile intended to use the console will import all the customised views.

Ta
                Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

In Vista it is in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MMC\wsus .
                  Good find, whoathisaintgood !

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Working...
                  X