MBSA Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBSA Question

Hi guys im thinking of installing MBSA in our invironment. Thing is i dont know where to install it. What i want is that i can scan all of the computers using MBSA. We have a WSUS server should I intsall it there or should I install it in our AD? Thanks.. Hoping for all your help..
    Last edited by NonoRonuel; 7th November 2008, 03:59.
    Ronuel
    MCP
    There is only one way to find Out..Its to try it and/or Do it...

Re: MBSA Question

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n#Requirements

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows XP

Any of the above.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by NonoRonuel View Post
      Hi guys im thinking of installing MBSA in our invironment. Thing is i dont know where to install it. What i want is that i can scan all of the computers using MBSA. We have a WSUS server should I intsall it there or should I install it in our AD? Thanks.. Hoping for all your help..
      You can install it on any PC/Server and point it to remote computers to scan if you want. It's quite a small footprint, so you can install it on all your servers too if you prefer.

It's a good tool, but takes a little getting used to to filter out some of the chaff that may not really be considered a flaw or security risk in your environment. We use it mainly to check update compliance and things like that.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Alrighty.. Thanks for the idea..
        Ronuel
        MCP
        There is only one way to find Out..Its to try it and/or Do it...

Comment

Working...
        X