Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookies

Cookies

I noticed with several anti-spyware software, in spite of scanning often thousands of files, it nearly always ends up by just suggesting you allow it to remove a few cookies. So it seems little wonder some users just simply use IE to delete all the cookies. As a result I and I believe others have produced a program that deletes all the cookies when required except any you discover you need to log into forums such as this, without having to re-enter you username and password. Anyone is welcome to a free copy my perfectly safe 90K program if they email me.

But is there anything wrong with the practice of removing these nosey cookies. I understand if they are not removed they can eventually freeze up the system?

gordonsweet2000 at yahoo.co.uk

Moderator edit: Gordon you may not be frightened of spammers but we do not want their bots hammering this site harvesting your emaill address.
    Last edited by biggles77; 19th October 2008, 12:46.

Re: Cookies

Slightly off-topic of me, but allow me to be the voice of doom:

Posting an email address in a public forum, or any place on the interwebs for that matter, is to willingly subject yourself to enough spam to feed the Army, Navy and Marines. Enjoy! You may want to edit that although methinks it's too late.

(I speak from experience. One of my GMail accounts gets spammed to death because I foolishly used my email address as my usenet name. I'm brilliant. )
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
      methinks it's too late
      Google has your address now

Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Not to worry it was already shown on below such as because I am the only one in our Radio club with the guts to act as a contact. Besides I get great delight in using Windows Live Mail to sent all the stupid spam back to the idiots. Which is perhaps why it all stopped for a week or two.

http://www.g4cus.freeserve.co.uk/

http://herc.uk.net/

http://www.sigord.co.uk/

Comment

The problem Gordon is that the spam doesn't go back to the spammers. It goes back to the accounts on the zombie machines the spammers use to spew out their spam.

You might find the spam flow was reduced by Microsoft updating the filters used in Live Mail. If you are really interested in spammers and how they work, use Google and research how the spammers get to send out their unwanted vitriol.

I like to think I am a wee bit tech savy and I would not be (please excuse the word but i can't be stuffed using thesaurus for a less innocuous one) stupid enough to post my home email address on a public forum.

Unfortunately too many Net users do and they get hit as a result.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

You may probably be right, but I cannot see why posting my address here is anymore risky than on three web sites, because I like to invite feedback.

Comment

Your email address is still posted here just not in the normal format. I am sure you have seen the @ sign substituted with the at sign.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

At least if it's a Hotmail account you never notice a change in the amount of spam
                Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

If someone wants to contact you, they can hit the PM / email buttons in your profile page. Completely safe, and NO SPAM.
                  ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Even better, they could reply to the thread so that everybody can benefit from their suggestions
                    Gareth Howells

Comment

Working...
                    X