No announcement yet.

Strange Little Two Green Lines

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Little Two Green Lines

I have a little issue here. I am not sure if it's a problem or even what is it. But I have it on my Home's PC (Windows XP), my Laptop (Windows Vista) and on my Work's PC (Windows XP). Here is a screenshot:

(The Two Green Lines)

I am positively sure it's not a software I had installed, and none touches my computers nor my laptop but me. And I noticed somthing, is that when I click "Show Desktop" icon, those two green lines disappear, but if I click any where else, they are back. And when I open any Windows Explorer, those two lines disappear, that means they are only attached to the desktop.

Had anyone encountered this thing before?

Re: Strange Little Two Green Lines

Try a "safe mode" restart and see if they disappear
    If so, boot normally and kill processes one by one until they go
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

It was such a Good Idea...and guess currently at my Work's PC, and when I Booted in "Safe Mode" and then Restarted and ran Windows Normally, those Two Lines are gone! I didn't end any Process or anything, all I did is getting in "Safe Mode" then Running Windows Normally!

Am going to Try this also on my Home's PC, and my Laptop and see how it goes...

After ending a process after the other on my Laptop, I discovered that those two green lines are from ICQ 6 (ICQ.exe). Why they are there? or why ICQ has them? or why it wasn't in the previous version? I have no idea at all...and those three things made me so confused, so that I never would doubt ICQ for causing this.

So It's not a serious issue, nor a virus...just ICQ !
        Thanks Ossian for the tips, I was kinda worried.