No announcement yet.

redirect LPT1

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redirect LPT1

I have an old DOS program that will only print to LPT1... Is there any way I can print to LPT1 in the program but have Windows 2000 redirect it to either a USB printer or to the Acrobat Distiller Port?

Re: redirect LPT1
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Thanks for the reply.. I actually found a simpler way to do it by playing with my windows settings.

1) Set the printer attached to your computer (or a network printer) to share.
      2) in a CMD window issue the following command...
      NET USE LPT2: \\%computername%\hpsharename

Now the DOS program that will only print to LPT2 port will print to my HP officejet which is attached to a USB port.

Thanks for the help though..

Well done!
        CMD to the rescue again....
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

And THANK YOU Coremd for posting back with your solution. It is greatly appreciate and I am sure will help someone in the future.
          Departed: 23rd December 2015