Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot uninstall WSUS 3 SP1

hello

i want to reinstall wsus from my win2k3 sp2 but uninstallation cannot be completed and the below error occur:

<<update services 3.0 sp1 was not removed successfully because an error occurred.>>

i couldn't find any solution on the INTERNET yet.

plz help me !!!

Re: cannot uninstall WSUS 3 SP1

Anything in event logs or other log files?
    The message is not entirely helpful
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

the last log ...hope this will help

2008-10-15 08:34:03.812 UTC Info WsusService.5 SusService.SusServiceStartUpThreadProc EventId=507,Type=Information,Category=WsusService, Message=Update Services failed its initialization and stopped.,Exception=System.Data.SqlClient.SqlExcept ion: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
      at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnErro r(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
      at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndW arning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
      at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject)
      at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Att emptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)
      at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Log inNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)
      at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Ope nLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
      at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ct or(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
      at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateC onnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
      at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.Creat ePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
      at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateOb ject(DbConnection owningObject)
      at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCrea teRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
      at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConne ction(DbConnection owningObject)
      at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetCo nnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
      at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenCo nnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
      at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
      at Microsoft.UpdateServices.DatabaseAccess.DBConnecti on.Connect(String connectionString)
      at Microsoft.UpdateServices.DatabaseAccess.DBConnecti on.Connect()
      at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.DataAccess.Execu teSPUpdateServerHealthStatus(String componentName, Boolean isRunning)
      at Microsoft.UpdateServices.EventSystem.SusService.Su sServiceStartUpThreadProc()

Comment

Did you check this?
        "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections."

Using that there are quite a few things on google
        http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/M..._22868038.html
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

hi andy

i think my problem doesnt have any connection with the post u have sent .

tnx

Comment

Originally posted by hamed89156 View Post
            An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
            It was a quote from your post. Can you connect to the instance properly?
            cheers
            Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Check whether all the required service is running like WWW,Webclient,Automatic updates,SQL service.

Try to restart the server once and check for uninstallation.

Comment

Dear Andy

I'm really sorry , i didn't pay attention to that phrase in the middle if the log , thats why i thought your reply is not the one which fits my need.

sorry again

and to rjegadeesh

i think my problem is because of neither of the things discussed ,,,,i think the best solution is the reinstall windows 2k3 and also wsus from scratch !!!
                Last edited by hamed89156; 15th October 2008, 22:06.

Comment

Originally posted by hamed89156 View Post
                  i think my problem is because of neither of the things discussed ,,,,i think the best solution is the reinstall windows 2k3 and also wsus from scratch !!!
                  This does seem a bit drastic!
                  And what if you hit the problem again in the future?
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                    This does seem a bit drastic!
                    The ultimate test of your backups though
                    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Well, not in this case....
                      (At least I read Hamed's reply as a fresh install)
                      Tom Jones
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

Comment

I just want to confirm that you are using a full blown version of SQL 2005 for this and not the usual MSDE version that installs with WSUS.
                        1 1 was a racehorse.
                        2 2 was 1 2.
                        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                        X