Printer prints blurry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer prints blurry

I have a Canon PIXMA MP150 that's hooked up to a Dell Optiplex GX110 computer. I'm running Windows 2000. Now, sometimes, the printer will print a document and it will be nice and neat, but sometimes it will make a line or two blurry. It usually seems to be certain documents that it likes to screw up. For instance, it just loves to make a line wavy on my resume. And the weird thing, is, it always seems to be the same line. It's still legible, but I hope potential employers don't think less of me due to a line being a little wavy. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Re: Printer prints blurry

Do you use the right drivers? Are there any newer ones?
    Can you acknowledge that the anomaly happens with specific/same documents all the time?
    Can you scan such a document and post it here?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Your monitor is dirty, that's why the printouts come out that way. Get a good monitor cleaner and wipe it down.

LOL. Just kidding. It sounds like the toner or ink cartridge or the fuser assembly is causing the problem. It could also be something in the paper path that is causing the blurs/smudges/whatever.

Comment

How old is the printer? If it is in warranty then speak to the manufacturer as it may be becoming faulty. I would open it and see if anything is in the way of the rods etc

And, personally, I would think less of someone if they sent a CV that wasn't sharp and error free. They could use the printer in library or local print shop. To me it says "I can't be bothered if my CV isn't great looking". Only personal opinion though so no offence meant.
        Last edited by AndyJG247; 14th October 2008, 15:34.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Does the line that prints blurry have any particular formatting? If you add a few carriage returns before that paragraph so the line in question is lower on the page, does the same line still print blurry?
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

There was an Epson printer some years ago that had a fault and would print a line across the page. It was only really noticable with certain ink colour combinations.

Try inserting a blank page to push the affected page down the print order and see if thet has any effect.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
              Do you use the right drivers? Are there any newer ones?
              I tried downloading updating the drivers, but it didn't help.

Can you acknowledge that the anomaly happens with specific/same documents all the time?
              Yes, there's one particular line on my resume that always comes out blurry.

Can you scan such a document and post it here?
              I could, but my resume contains my name, address, and phone number, so it's probably not a good idea to post it online.

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
              Does the line that prints blurry have any particular formatting? If you add a few carriage returns before that paragraph so the line in question is lower on the page, does the same line still print blurry?
              No, it doesn't. Unfortunately, my resume looks rather awkward with a big space in the middle of it. It also makes my resume 2 pages. I've also been able to fix the problem by reformatting it to framemaker, unfortunately, that was before I updated my resume, and I can't seem to get my updated resume to fit on one page in framemaker.

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
              There was an Epson printer some years ago that had a fault and would print a line across the page. It was only really noticable with certain ink colour combinations.

Try inserting a blank page to push the affected page down the print order and see if thet has any effect.
              Nope, no effect.
              Last edited by Master Moron; 25th October 2008, 03:30.

Comment

If there's always the same document that make the trouble, I would try to open a new one and then Copy & Paste the content of the old one to the new one... Sometimes, there are odd things in a document that can mess-up the printing (especially because the printer cannot understand the code).

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                -

Comment

If there's always the same document that make the trouble, I would try to open a new one and then Copy & Paste the content of the old one to the new one... Sometimes, there are odd things in a document that can mess-up the printing (especially because the printer cannot understand the code).
                  Agreed. You may even have some hidden formatting on the page that you can't see using the default settings of your word processor (what ever it may be).
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                  X