Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IIS 5 console error on XP (Was: Hello : ) )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIS 5 console error on XP (Was: Hello : ) )

Hi, I've a problem in running iis console properly...it doesn't show the default website. I've tried to start it but it displayed the following message each time:

"The system did not respond in a timely manner to the start or control request".

System information: Win XP iis V5

Any suggestions : )

thx

Re: Hello : )

Please read the rules, specifically about thread titles. The current description says NOTHING about your question, and most people will not bother to read this thread.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Hello : )

Title changed -- lucky some people DID bother to read the thread
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: IIS 5 console error on XP (Was: Hello : ) )

Originally posted by tkhan View Post
        Any suggestions : )
        Beside reading the forum rules (like it was already said)? Yes. Please provide more info about your setting and what are you trying to achieve:
        - what version of XP are we talking about?
        - have you installed the IIS component on the XP?

I would check the Event log (System) for any events from the source System Control Manager and look for WWW.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X