Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone using Alert Standard Format (ASF)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone using Alert Standard Format (ASF)?

This morning while inspecting a user's computer that was supposedly infected with spyware I received a false positive that involved a file in the Broadcom network card's support files folder. That caused me to poke around in the Broadcom folder and find various .exe files that had the acronym 'ASF' in it. That led me to reading about it on Broadcom's site as well as finding some other sources of information.

It looks interesting. At this point in my understanding of it, it kinda reminds me of HP's ILO Basic (or Standard or whatever its called). I'm thinking about playing around with it. Is anyone using it and if so what are your thoughts on it?
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Re: Is anyone using Alert Standard Format (ASR)?

I think it's great you have time to look at these things. We have Altiris at work but I will have a read and see how it works now !
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Looks like it's another technology that allows one to manage a computer from under the OS layer... Like Altiris, vPro, iLO and all others...
      The only question to be asked is how standard is this solution? How long will it take until you'll get a system that cannot be managed this way, because it doesn't have this technology?
      BTW Nonapeptide, you might want to change the thread's title to ASF, and not ASR (that stands for Automatic System Recovery).

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
        BTW Nonapeptide, you might want to change the thread's title to ASF, and not ASR (that stands for Automatic System Recovery).
        *gasp* I didn't even notice that. Alas, I can't change the thread's title myself. Anyone care to bail me out again? Dumber has already done it for me about 3 times. Not only is he a Rogue Thread Merge Master but he's becoming a Mistyped Thread Title Recovery Architect.
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

Re: Is anyone using Alert Standard Format (ASF)?

I asked one of the moderators of this forum (Ossian or m80arm) to edit the title.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

Fixed diddly oou.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
              Fixed diddly oou.
              I'm still seeing my inept spelling in the title...

Here, have a chup.
              Wesley David
              LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Really fixed....
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X