No announcement yet.

Mandatory Profile issue..

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandatory Profile issue..

All -

I've setup a mandatory profile for a particular user to be used in a lab environment. Occasionally, when the user attempts to login, we get an error indicating that the user does not have permission to access a temporary internet file and won't allow log-in.

has anyone had any similar troubles with mandatory profiles ?

Re: Mandatory Profile issue..

I have a dumb question: Are there temporary internet files in the mandatory profile? Hopefully not.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+ - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

That's not a dumb question at all.

I don't believe there is, we didn't surf at all when creating it.

if there are, how do i rid myself of them ?

Can you give us more information:
        Domain or Workgroup?
        Client OS?
        Server OS if profile is on a server?
        What do you mean by "occasionally" in your OP -- a user can sometimes log on or only some users get the error?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Windows XP SP2

Server: Windows 2003 R2

This is a lab environment and i have a single username called "lab1" that all 30 machines use to log in. Occasionally, a machine or 2 will get a "index.dat" file is locked preventing a login or a "Temporary internet file...' lock.

I'm using mandatory profiles and i believe the locally stored copy of the profile locks the files preventing the mandatory profile to log in..

i disabled offline file cahcing on the share today, thinking that could cause the problem as well.

would love any more feedback..